Help create a vision for conserving natural grasslands and enhancing recreation on Gunbarrel Hill
City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) is seeking community participation as we create a vision for restoring healthy grasslands while improving the visitor experience on the open space at Gunbarrel Hill northeast of Boulder. OSMP is initiating a community discussion and engagement process to gather input to better understand community interests and values for this area and to hear preliminary ideas for this effort. Learn more about the Gunbarrel Integrated Site Project here and at: http://bit.ly/GH-ISP6
The first of several community input opportunities will be held from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, January 23, at Heatherwood Elementary School in the Library. In partnership with our community, OSMP will gather information to help:
- Improve the quality of the habitat for native ground-nesting birds experiencing national population declines, such as the Grasshopper Sparrow, and other wildlife.
- Provide an enhanced and informed visitor experience to promote enjoyment of the area while being responsive to the conservation of native birds and wildlife.
No implementation efforts will occur until we hear ideas and interests from the community. Conservation efforts for the area will be refined through additional community input. The meeting schedule is:
- 5 p.m.: Gunbarrel Ecosystem Exploration Gunbarrel Ecosystem Exploration – An introduction to the natural and cultural treasures of Gunbarrel Hill, setting the stage and background for this community engagement process.
- 6 p.m.: Introduction to Gunbarrel Open Space and Community Engagement Process – OSMP presentation on Gunbarrel Hill open space and background on the community engagement process.
- 6:30 p.m: Open House to Learn More and Share Thoughts – Opportunity to share initial thoughts, along with questions and answers with OSMP staff.
We look forward working together with our community! Have questions? Please send an email to Maki Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.